The 5 Best Ways to Celebrate Earth Day
As Earth Day approaches it’s always a good idea to make some plans to show appreciation to our home and environment. There are many things you can do to clean up, rebuild, or learn. Here are 5 ways you can celebrate the planet on Earth Day.
- Plant a tree- If you attended Walk For Trees you have already done this but there is always a need for new trees, especially in urban areas that do not have large forest coverage. So head out to your local flower or garden shop, get some seeds, and plant yourself a beautiful tree.
- Buy a reusable water bottle- Everyone needs water. The problem is often the most convenient way to get water is in a plastic water bottle which can be very bad for our environment if not recycled correctly. So on Earth Day go out and buy a Nalgene bottle or any other reusable bottle so you can start being part of the solution.
- Carpool or ride a bike- Emissions have a very large impact on green house gases and climate change. So on earth day cut back your emissions by riding a bike or carpooling with friends to work.
- Go paperless- Many banks and utility companies offer a paperless option for billing. This is a quick and easy way to help reduce the amount of trees being cut down for paper. It is also more convenient in my opinion letting you do all payments on your phone or computer.
- Organize a community clean up- Find a group of friends who want to help out on Earth Day and find a place that could use some cleaning. You could make a really fun beach trip out of this or maybe go to one of Florida’s gorgeous state parks or springs.
So on this Earth Day I urge you to try and make a difference and get out and try one of these tips. #EarthDay2016
Infographic by Christina Astore