IDEAS Screens Engaging GMO Film
Today in the United States, by the simple act of feeding ourselves, we unknowingly participate in the largest experiment ever conducted on human beings. Our industrial agricultural system is feeding us genetically-modified foods, aka GMOs, that have never been fully tested and aren’t transparently labeled.
On Friday April 25th, IDEAS leaders in Central Florida hosted a screening of the film “GMO OMG” at East End Market. The documentary is about a concerned father, Jeremy Seifert, in search of answers about food.
The provocative film brings up such questions as:
*How do GMOs affect our children, the health of the planet, and our freedom of choice?
*And perhaps the ultimate question: is it even possible to reject the current food system if we disagree, or have we lost something we can’t gain back?
Following the film, the audience engaged in an open discussion with an expert panel on the topic of GMOs.
The panel included:
* Dr. Kevin M. Folta (University of Florida Geneticist)
* Josephine Balzac (Environmental Attorney at Law)
* Dr. Samadhi Artemisa (Physician and Nutritionist)
* Jonathan Winfrey (Organic Sanctuary Non-GMO Organic Seed Supplier)
* Justin Harvey (March Against Monsanto Organizer)
Watch the film’s trailer below.
For more information on the film, visit: http://www.gmofilm.com/