Back to School for Movers & Shakers
Thousands of students in the IDEAS Movement, from over three dozen schools, colleges and universities around the world, are heading back to school this week. We at IDEAS want to wish you a safe, happy, healthy and productive start to your semester. May you all be the change you wish to see in the world!
Here is a look at the perfect sustainable school day to get you started this year. How many of you out there wish your first day back was like this?!
1) Pull up to Class with Eco-Class: No one will hear you arrive late for the first day because your Nissan LEAF is COMPLETELY Silent! This all-electric four passenger car is the coolest in affordable electric vehicle. The name LEAF stands for (Leading, Environmentally Friendly, Affordable, Family car). Definitely gets us charged up. Check out the All-Electric Owners Blog!
2) Beat the Heat and Save Some Green: This summer is the hottest summer in recorded human history. So please be sure to stay hydrated in between classes with
BPA-Free Water Bottles. While your classmates are spending hundreds a year to contribute to our dependency of fossil fuels by using one time use plastic bottles, you can make a mental map of water fountains and beat the heat and save a lot of time and money. Learn More
3) Charge up Those IDEAS: Nothing is worse than having your smart phone or computer die in the middle of an email or international phone call! Put the sun to work for you and keep off-the-grid with a Solar Backpack. Carry everything you need for class and charge up all your electronics while walking from class to class or while you enjoy eating lunch with other students outside. Learn More
4) Tie Up Your Loose Ends: Ever think about how much metal goes into making staples? Surprisingly, a lot. Make a statement and use a metal-free stapler this school year for all your reports and handouts. Metal-Free Staplers punch out a slip of paper and tie it around itself for a super strong hold. Great way to make yourself stand out to a teacher from day one!
5) Throw an Eco Party in Your Room: College is about hard work, learning, studying and HAVING A LOT OF FUN! Throw a party in your dorm using only candle light or go the extra mile and swap out all your bulbs for Remote Controlled Color Changing LED Bulbs. These LED bulbs save big time on electricity and give you the change to set the mood from study mode to party mode with the press of a button. Save energy in style! Learn More